AccessCare suggests the following websites for high quality consumer health care information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is at the forefront of public health efforts to prevent and control infectious and chronic diseases, injuries, workplace hazards, disabilities, and environmental health threats. This site includes a variety of health and safety tips, research statistics, and emergency response information.
Healthfinder is a free guide to reliable health information, developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The site provides an easy-to-use index of carefully reviewed health topics from over 1,500 government agencies, nonprofit and professional organizations, and universities.
This site, from the American Academy of Pediatrics, covers a number of topics including immunization schedules, child injury prevention, and the AAP's family education brochures.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, Inc.
- North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- North Carolina Pediatric Society
- North Carolina Physicians Advisory Group